About This Course
Students design and create games. They learn computer programming skills, problem solving, and critical thinking. Students use their creativity and imagination to create their own unique and original games.
Students can join in any week. Our delivery approach is student-centered and progressive. New students start with the basics and returning/experienced students learn advanced skills. Students are assigned projects to work on based on their grade level, interest, and prior experience.
- Learn computer science concepts and terminology, such as functions…
- Acquire coding skills and develop more interets in computer programming
- Enhance creativity and imagination by designing games based on their own stories
- Feel a sense of accomplishment after starting and finishing a project
- Be knowledgeable in game creation technology
- Have fun learning 21st century skills
Must be able to use a computer. All equipment and software are provided.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a curriculum?
Yes. There is a progressive curriculum mapped to science and math standards multiple levels, and each level takes an average of 16 hours to finish. Students are always being challenged and learning new skills.
Do students work on projects individually or in teams?
We encourage students to work in teams of two or three to learn team work and collaboration skills, but students are welcome to work individually if that’s their preference.
Is there a specific tool or equipment a student needs to bring to class?
No. Computer, software, and other class materials are provided by techJOYnT.
Monday 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM, Saturday 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
January 7, 2019, January 12, 2019, March 4, 2019, March 9, 2019