About This Course
Students build and program robots. They use the engineering design process to build their robots and they program them to move, pick up cans, avoid obstacles, follow a line, go through a maze, use sensors, etc.
Students can join in any week. Our delivery approach is student-centered and progressive. New students start with the basics and returning/experienced students learn advanced skills. Students are assigned projects to work on based on their grade level, interest, and prior experience.
- Learn the principles of engineering, such as design, build, test, and improve
- Acquire coding skills and terminology, e.g. loop, sequence command, if statement,…
- Enhance creativity and problem-solving skills by completing various challenges
- Feel a sense of accomplishment after starting and finishing a project
- Be knowledgeable in robotics technology, like drones and humanoid robots
- Have fun learning 21st century skills
Must be able to use a computer. All equipment and software are provided.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a curriculum?
Yes. There is a progressive curriculum mapped to science and math standards with multiple levels, and each level takes an average of 16 hours to finish. Students are always being challenged and learning new skills.
Do students work on projects individually or in teams?
We encourage students to work in teams of two or three to learn team work and collaboration skills, but students are welcome to work individually if that’s their preference.
Do students take their robots home?
No. Because all equipment and other class materials are provided by techJOYnT. But, students who want to take their creations home are encouraged to attend our ‘make and take’ events at techJOYnT.
Tue 12/20/2018, 7:00 PM, Thu. 12/23/2018, 7:00 PM, Sat. 12/22/2018, 5:00 PM, Tue. 02/28/2019, 7:00 PM, Thu. 03/03/2019, 7:00 PM, Sat 03/02/2019, 5:00 PM
Tuesday 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM, Thursday 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM, Saturday 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
January 8, 2019, January 10, 2019, January 12, 2019, March 5, 2019, March 7, 2019, March 9, 2019